Firefighters responded to a house fire on SR 101, northeast of CR 38, Monday evening.
The fire at 3145 N. SR 101 appeared to have started from a wood stove in the kitchen, Chief Greg Lowe of Green Springs Fire Department said.
A resident, who had been watching television, tried to put out the fire with water and then got out of the house safely, he said. The man was the only person home at the time of the fire, and his wife was at work, he said.
Robert and Wendy Carn own the Pleasant Township property, according to the Seneca County Auditor's Office website.
Lowe said there were no injuries, although firefighters hadn't located the couple's cat as of about 8:15 p.m.
It was too early to determine a damage estimate, he said.
PHOTO BY JILL GOSCHE
A firefighter stands near smoke coming from a house on fire at 3145 N. SR 101 Monday evening.
Personnel from Green Springs and Old Fort fire departments and Republic EMS responded to the fire, which was reported at 7:21 p.m. Monday. Seneca Community Chaplain Corps was called to provide refreshments for firefighters.
On the Web:
Seneca County Auditor's Office: