COLUMBIAN: Columbian will hold an informational meeting at 6 p.m. Monday in the high school cafeteria for players and their parents interested in trying out for golf. Schedules, paperwork and tryout information will be discussed. For information or if you are unable to attend, call coach Tony Vasko at (419) 443-9707 or (567) 230-2603.
* Columbian football's final camp days are at 6 p.m. Monday-Wednesday. Equipment will be issued at 6 p.m. July 30 for grades 9-12. All school forms are due by July 30.
FOSTORIA: The mandatory OHSAA parent meeting for athletes in grades 7-12 who plan on participating in the 2009-10 school year will be 2 p.m. Aug. 2 in the high school gymnasium. Both the child and parent must attend.
SENECA EAST: The OHSAA mandatory meeting for parents, coaches and athletes will be held at 7 p.m. today in the school auditeria.
GOLF: Brothers Bernie and Howard Tiell lead the AMVETS League at Seneca Hills. Prize holes went to Bob Haefling (closest to pin, No. 2), Bernie Tiell (closest to pin, No. 6) and Danny McGowan (long putt, No. 7).
* Sonny Hatton, Dave Seislove and Harry Smith tied Fred Smith, Ralph Williams, Don Miller and Jim Weinandy for the win at 4-under in the Clinton Senior League. Prize holes went to Williams (long putt, No. 7), Jim Radcliff (closest to pin, No. 5), Harry Smith (closest in two, No. 2) and Weinandy (closest in three, No. 9).
* Mark Miller and Adam Smith lead the Old Fort Ex-Hi Baumann Pontiac League at Nature Trails with 46 1/2 points. Prize holes went to Eric Miller (long putt, No. 11), Jon Frankart (closest in two, No. 15) and Norm Murray (closest to pin, No. 17).
* Mark Welly holds a 23-22 lead over Andy Halcomb after the first week of the second half of the Par Tee League at Seneca Hills. Brian King fired a 40 for the low round, and King and Welly won the skins. Prize holes went to Joe Halcomb (long putt Nos. 10 and No. 18), Bob Nusbaum (closest to pin, No. 14), Joe Scherger (long drive, No. 13), Welly (long putt, No. 2) and King (proximity shot, No. 16).
* Open spots remain for Saturday's third-annual Nick Zeyen Memorial with a 9 a.m. shotgun start at Seneca Hills. Cost is $50 per person and there will be first and second place prizes. For information, call (419) 937-6215.
* Lenny Goshe and Howard fired a 32 for the low gross and lead final third of the Baumann Two-Man Scramble at Clinton Heights with 32 1/2 points. Jeremy Nutter hit the long drove at No. 3 and ended closest to the pin at No. 8, Brian Renninger was closest in two at No. 1 and Adrian Roszman made the long putt at No. 4.
* Dave Depinet fired a 37 for the low gross and a 32 for the low net in the Clouse's Bar Tuesday Night League at Loudon Meadows. Prize holes went to Ron Brickner (long drive, No. 1), Brent Levenhagen (closest to pin, No. 2) and Clint Clouse (long putt, No. 9).
VOLLEYBALL: Blackswamp will offer an all-skills camp this Saturday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Blackswamp Volleyball Center. Cost is $30. To register, call (419) 937-0000 or visit www.blackswampvolleyball.com.
CHEERLEADING: The Attica Fair will host a cheerleading competition Aug. 14. Registration is available at www.atticafair.com.