Entertainment plans began for the fair as the board of directors for the Seneca County Agriculture Society slated The Robinson's, Cook & Belle, Phil Dirt & The Dozers, Timothy Paul and, Terry Lee Goffee, a Johnny Cash tribute artist, during the week-long event.
Dave Hufford Sr, Bill Watson, Joey Ewald and John Burks attended the meeting Tuesday, Jan. 13 representing horse owners, fair barn renters, and harness racers regarding the board's evaluation of cost and potential barn usage changes.
Hufford a former board member reviewed rent, building expenses, and explained usage and maintenance done by the renters. He also said horseracing is a large tax source for the state and local economy through the fees and purse money.
The board agreed to continue researching horse stall rent evaluation, electric, water, port-a-potty costs and fees from other area fairs and from current users.
The next regular meeting is 7:30 p.m. February 10.
In other business the board:
* Approved the minutes and financial reports with $83,069.21 balance in all accounts.
* Learned from County Commissioner Mike Bridinger a 5 percent funding decrease is planned for the fair fund and reported an update on Connect Ohio computer distributions.
* Accepted a donation from Al's Convenience Store as a 2008 horse pull sponsor.
* Heard an update from Tiffin University Instructor of Marketing-Kellie McGilvray regarding communication, advertising and an internship program for the fair.
* Learned the Havoc Extreme Cage Fighting entertainment is to stage an event at Tiffin University Jan. 31.
* Noted the annual fundraiser pancake/sausage breakfast and sausage sales on March 18 with proceeds going to the dairy barn siding project.
* Announced the Seneca County Fair dates are July 26 to August 2, 2009, with admission charged at the gate.