| || |
Announcements from Community Council
September 5, 2012 - Rob Weaver
The Seneca County Community Council reconvened Tuesday for the first monthly meeting since June. Following are some announcements by members representing various agencies, associations and businesses that are part of the council:
* Seneca County Opportunity Center needs a few volunteer substitutes for bus drivers, van drivers and bus aides. Visit www.senecadd.org to obtain an application. Also, the Fall Craft Show is set for Oct. 27 in the center’s gymnasium.
* Friedman Village at St. Francis is to have an open house at Villa 165 from 1-3 p.m. Sunday. The Spirituality Center’s fall BBQ is 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday, so visitors could make two stops on St. Francis Avenue.
* Hospice Waddle is set for 5 p.m. Sept. 16 during the Heritage fest. Community Hospice Care is selling 1,500 rubber duckies for $10 each, with a chance to win $3,000, $300 or $30. The following Saturday, Hospice and other area charities will draw the winner of a new car, who will pick from Chevrolet Camaro, a Hyundai Veloster, a Buick Verano, a Jeep Wranger or a Chrysler 200. Tickets are $5 apiece. To take part in either fundraiser, call (419) 447-4040 or (800) 834-8100.
* Allen Eiry Senior Center is to host a rummage sale Sept. 20-22, and Grandma’s backyard BBQ is to serve rib dinners Sept. 27 to those who buy tickets.
* Autumnwood Care Center is raising funds for a handicapped-accessible minivan. Homemade chili and walking tacos are to be sold for $3 3-6 p.m. Sept. 21. Also, an orientation session for volunteers is set for Sept. 25.
* Angie’s Boutique has scheduled a breast form and bra-fitting event for 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 10.
* The Area Agency on Aging has home repair money available; income guidelines apply. Also, the agency has an opening for a board member from Seneca County. The board meets every other month. For more information, call (419) 524-4144.
* A tractor show is planned for Saturday at Good Shepherd Home in Fostoria. Apple dumplings and homemade doughnuts are to be for sale that morning.
* OSS Solid Waste District plans a hazardous household waste collection for 9 a.m.-noon Saturday at the Agriculture Service Center rear parking lot, 3140 S. SR 100. People with last names beginning with A-M are asked to drop off items 9-10:30 a.m. and last names N-Z 10:30 a.m.-noon. Also, township houses throughout the county are to begin accepting co-mingled recyclables during daylight hours on weekdays beginning Oct. 1.
* WIC Director Nancy Howe with the Seneca County General Health District suggested waiting until the end of October to get flu shots to ensure season-long immunization. She also urged adults to make sure they are vaccinated against pertussis, especially grownups who are around infants. Whooping cough might be a nuisance for adults, but can be deadly for babies.
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment