‘Share at the Fair’ out to raise $3,500 by July 27
Admittedly, I am a person who loves her birthday. Shouldn’t life and growing older be celebrated? Not all get that chance.
Exactly six months from today, during the Seneca County Fair, I will be turning 35 years old. My life mission is to leave the world better than I found it, and one way to do this is to use my birthday to support local organizations.
I hope you will consider supporting “Share at the Fair” over the next six months. This effort is not about me, but about raising money and awareness for organizations that do so much for others. My goal is to raise a total of $3,500 by July 27, so seven organizations each would receive $500. Hopefully, even more is raised.
I gave a great deal of thought about which organizations I’d like to see benefit financially. I wanted to pick seven that have touched my life deeply, and I realized there are way more than seven. The list is narrowed down to seven to receive the financial donations, but I’ve picked a few more that are in need of items.
I would be so touched if you considered donating either money or goods (or both) to these wonderful organizations. If you’re so inclined to make a financial donation, please make your check out directly to the organization and mail it to me at Box 74, Bascom, OH 44809.
Or, you can make a donation through the GoFundMe page at www.gofundme.com/
share-at-the-fair . (Please note, a small portion goes to GoFundMe, so checks directly to the organization are preferred. But, all donations are appreciated.)
If you’d like to donate goods, please let me know through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (419) 448-3247, and I would be glad to pick up your donation. If it’s a larger item that takes up a lot of space, please consider holding onto it until the summer and we can arrange transportation at that time.
The seven organizations that will receive funding include:
• Seneca County Junior Fair. Without this organization, I would not be who I am today.
• Seneca County Fair. This, to me, represents family, friends and community.
• Seneca Mentoring Youth Links. Investing in youth is important to me. SMYL seeks to mentor Seneca County youth to make better choices for a brighter future.
• Financial Assistance for Cancer Treatment. Countless family and friends are fighting or have fought the valiant battle against cancer.
• Tiffin-Seneca United Way. This organization supports mental health, youth, families and more. It has been inspiring to see the difference its various agencies make.
• American Red Cross. My grandma, Dorothy Clouse, volunteered for the organization for a long time before she died, and my grandpa, Firmin Clouse, succumbed to a heart attack when I was young. The Red Cross provides valuable blood as well as CPR training and supports our nation’s military.
• Seneca Community Chaplain Corps. Its leader is devoted to helping people out of poverty, addiction and crime.
Items I would be honored to accept include new coloring books, crayons, stuffed animals and small toys. These items will be distributed to local first-responders to be given to children in crisis or for other public service events and to Nationwide Children’s Hospital in honor of family and friends who have benefited from its services.
Also, I am accepting donations of household cleaning supplies and personal hygiene items for Fire Relief Foundation in Findlay, which has helped Seneca County residents, including my neighbors, who have suffered house fires.
Finally, I also would be grateful to accept gift cards to be used to purchase goods for the above organizations or to give directly to them. Those also can be sent to me at Box 74, Bascom, OH 44809.
Please know I am grateful for your consideration in supporting these worthy organizations and for those who already have donated. I also encourage your prayers that God would continue to bless their tremendous efforts.
“Every good and perfect gift is from above …” — James 1:17