Please support Tiffin-Seneca United Way
Allen Eiry Center in Tiffin is a primary agency of United Way. Our mission is to create and promote community involvement for adults who are 50 years of age and older with programs/activities, travel opportunities and friendships which are socially, physically, culturally and intellectually stimulating.
AEC is a private organization funded by United Way, private donations and grants that we receive throughout the year.
Why is AEC important to people in and around Seneca County?
• People are living longer and in better health than ever before. With the support of United Way, we are able to provide programs that serve people in their later years and respond to the many and diverse needs of active men and women.
• It is the mission of AEC to assist those 50 years of age and older as they embark on new adventures in living, having more freedom, utilizing the experiences of a lifetime, and to open up new possibilities and interests.
• We are passionate and compassionate about our members and what is happening not only at the center but in their everyday lives.
• As a social organization, we provide events and speakers on health issues, Medicare, safety and fraud prevention, just to name a few. AEC also provides entertainment from professional performances to game days.
• AEC has several fundraisers throughout the year which are organized and carried out entirely by our volunteers. These functions also provide socialization, which is a very important part of the lives of those we serve.
• Very often when people retire, they have free time on their hands and their daily routine changes drastically. AEC provides new opportunities to turn change to progress for each person who participates in activities.
• Many of our new members are single and a little timid when they first join, but you will be a stranger only once at AEC, and that is the first time you walk through our doors. Our members and staff will welcome you and let you know that you are not a stranger but part of a great organization!
• Wonderful travel opportunities are available to our members, including single-day trips and multi-day trips for all interests. Let us worry about the driving. You can sit back and enjoy the ride while visiting with friends.
Allen Eiry Center is able to offer so much to the people around our community because of the generosity of so many who give to the United Way. During this year’s United Way drive, please keep in mind that United Way helps so many local organizations in great ways.
Please support United Way!!
Be the one! Be a Star! Make a difference where you are!
Together we can make dreams come true!
Diane Culver, executive director and
AEC Board of Directors