NR board extends contract for Rombach
NEW RIEGEL — New Riegel Board of Education members opened their monthly meeting with an executive session to discuss the employment of Superintendent David Rombach for another five years.
Back in open session, members voted to take the issue off the table and offered Rombach a five-year administrative contract as Superintendent/K-4 Principal effective Aug. 1, 2020 to July 31, 2025.
Rombach along with Maintenance Supervisor Keith Piper inspected the facility for summer projects needing attention. Painting of the entrance bulkheads and the agriculture floor will be completed. They plan to install a handicapped accessible door for the elementary entrance and the transportation department is looking at purchasing a new bus next year.
Open enrollment into the district stands at 142, and 23 of those are new students.
Principal Justin Johnson reported that several area schools plan to have a sports league practice in the autumn, according to Information Technology Manager John Kramer.
In other action, the board:
• Approved the treasurer’s report as submitted.
• Approved appropriation amendments totaling $26,000.
• Approved temporary appropriations totaling $2,435,535.
• Approved district liability, fleet and property insurance from July 1-June 30 next year with the Ohio School Plan through Hylant Group costing $25,419.
• Transferred $13,435 from the General Fund to the Project Construction Fund for Zoeller Landscaping services.
• Approved a negotiations agreement between the New Riegel Education Association and New Riegel Local Board of Education effective July 1-June 30.
• Approved a non-certified salary schedule effective July 1-June 30.
• Non-renewed all spring sports coaches.
• Approved supplemental contracts for next school year: Jamie Lininger, varsity softball coach; Doug Depinet, varsity baseball coach; Kari King, varsity cheerleading coach; Michelle Mullholland, junior high cheerleading coach; and Melanie Nye, seventh-grade volleyball coach
• Approved Julia Reinhart and Will Clouse as student summer cleaners through Aug. 16.
• Entered into a contract with the North Central Ohio Education Service Center for services provided during the 2019-20 school year.
• Joined the Northwest Ohio Educational Research Council Inc., which includes two one-day workshops for the 2019-20 school year.
• Entered into an agreement with Vanguard-Sentinel Career Centers to participate in excess costs of satellite programs for 2019-20.
• Approved a contract with Northern Ohio Educational Computer Association from July 1-June 30 for computer services.
• Approved a contract with PT Services Rehabilitation Inc. for speech, occupational and physical therapies effective July 1-June 30.
• Approved a contract with Mercy Health for athletic training services, effective July 1-June 30.
• Approved an overnight trip for 40 cross country team members to Maumee Bay State Park Aug. 2-4 including four chaperones and two coaches.
The board of education meets 7 p.m. July 8.