Commissioners to discuss indigent defense funding
Seneca County commissioners are to discuss potential changes to indigent defense funding at their Thursday meeting.
They meet at 10 a.m. at their office, 111 Madison St.
The County Commissioners Association of Ohio and several boards of county commissioners across the state had requested that state officials provide additional funding for the legal defense of people who cannot provide it for themselves.
The commissioners also are to consider:
• A $62,373.50 supplemental appropriation to the JRIG Grant, PIVOT Fund for contract services.
• A fiscal year 2019-21 Subsidy Reclaim Grant application.
• A contract with Kelley Gorry, of Rich Gillis Law Group LLC, for legal services on behalf of the Seneca County Board of Revision.
• A 2019-20 technical/specialized counseling agreement with Local Government Services LLC, on behalf of the Seneca County auditor.
• Setting time, date and place to receive sealed bids for the Taxiway Rehabilitation Project at the Seneca County Airport.