Grease fire closes Denny’s

A grease fire early Monday morning temporarily closed Denny’s.

The fire at the restaurant, 315 W. Market St., was reported about 3:20 a.m.

Deputy Chief Rob Chappell of Tiffin Fire Rescue Division said the crew was cleaning a fryer overnight, and it overheated. Some of the grease caught fire, he said.

The fire didn’t spread, and there was no damage to the equipment or the building, Chappell said.

Chappell said the restaurant had been closed for almost 12 hours. It had reopened by Monday evening.

Seneca County General Health District assisted.

No one was hurt, Chappell said.

COMMENTS