Grand jury hands up indictments
A Seneca County grand jury handed up indictments Wednesday in connection to a house fire and a robbery reported at a Fostoria store.
Donald W. Hummer Jr., 31, of Toledo, was charged with aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony, and kidnapping, a second-degree felony.
About 7 p.m. May 30, a person reported a robbery had occurred at Dollar Tree, 215 E. Lytle St.
The clerk advised that a man carrying a knife came up behind her and forced her to open the money drawer, and the man left with cash, a release states.
Separately, Whittey Lee Marshall Jr., 41, was charged in connection to a house fire at 132 Nichols St., Fostoria, May 16.
He was indicted by a grand jury on charges of aggravated arson, a second-degree felony; possessing criminal tools and breaking and entering, fifth-degree felonies; and cruelty against companion animals, a first-degree misdemeanor.
Marshall is accused of trespassing at 132 Nichols St. to commit aggravated arson, having gasoline and a gas can, and committing an act of cruelty against a companion animal, according to his indictment.
Marshall, a neighbor at the scene, had been arrested by Fostoria Police Department on a Seneca County child support warrant, according to the police department.
Several others were indicted by a grand jury, according to court records:
• Devon T. Brockington, 34, of Tiffin, was charged with abduction, a third-degree felony, and domestic violence, a fourth-degree felony.
• Shaundrea A. Burleson, 20, was charged with assault, a fourth-degree felony. Burleson allegedly caused or attempted to cause physical harm to a Fostoria Police Department officer, according to her indictment.
• Craig A. Nye, 24, of Fostoria, was charged with domestic violence, a fourth-degree felony, and resisting arrest, a second-degree misdemeanor.
• Jason A. Losey, 43, was charged with two counts of trafficking in cocaine, both fourth-degree felonies. The grand jury specified the alleged trafficking occurred in the vicinity of a school, according to his indictment.
• Dustin D. Moore, 25, was charged with possession of cocaine, a fourth-degree felony.
• Amanda L. Jenkins, 29, of New Riegel, was charged with possession of cocaine, a fifth-degree felony.
• Kejuan L. Hayes, 30, was charged with possession of cocaine, a fifth-degree felony.