Crew fights chimney fire
Tiffin Fire Rescue Division fought a chimney fire Tuesday afternoon.
Chief Kevin Veletean of Tiffin Fire Rescue Division said the fire at 56 Cherry Ave. was reported at 4:32 p.m.
Veletean said the chimney had not been cleaned and was full of by-product of a wood-burning fire. The material caused a couple of blockages in the chimney, he said.
The fire was contained inside the chimney.
Veletean said the family was able to return to the residence and cannot use the fireplace until it is checked.
The Tiffin Fire Rescue Division crew was at the scene for about an hour, he said.
The property is owned by Eric and Shirley Smith, according to the Seneca County Auditor’s Office’s website.