Commissioners meeting today
Seneca County commissioners are to meet at 9:30 a.m. today at the commissioners’ office, 111 Madison St., for a work session followed by a regular meeting at 10.
The work session is to include discussion of the Wolf Creek Ditch Maintenance Project, which is under way.
During old business, the board is to discuss the Seneca County Justice Center. Tiffin-Fostoria Municipal Court personnel began moving into the building Monday.
Also during the meeting, Seneca Regional Planning Commission Executive Director Charlene Watkins is to give an update on a joint comprehensive plan for the county and the cities of Tiffin and Fostoria. Joy Padgett of the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency also is to address the board.
In new business, commissioners are to consider:
• A $40,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund.
• A $57,571 supplemental appropriation to the Community Based Correctional Facility Fund.
• A $14,325.46 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund.
• Approving a recommendation from the Tax Incentive Review Council on an Enterprise Zone and Community Reinvestment Area tax abatements for companies in Seneca County in 2017.
• Appointing Commissioner Holly Stacy to represent commissioners on the District Public Works Integrating Committee for Ohio Public Works Commissioner District 16.
• A contract with Seneca County Common Pleas Court, the juvenile courts clerk and magistrate, the county clerk of courts and the county on behalf of Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services.