Republic Village Council: Christmas parade draws record crowd
REPUBLIC — Village Mayor Jeff Larick thanked everyone who had been involved with the community Christmas parade Sunday. The village had the largest crowd ever, with nearly 70 children receiving treats from Santa and Mrs. Claus.
During the council meeting Monday evening, Police Chief Don Holmer stated new officer Alex Davenport has patrolled solo in the cruiser.
Members awarded the bid of $190 per acre to Fred Schoen to farm 11 acres owned by the village.
In other business, the council:
• Heard all funds total $1,824,163.70, with $600,000 of that invested.
• Adopted an ordinance accepting the 2018 temporary appropriations.
• Adopted an ordinance approving the right-of-way occupancy permit for American Electric Power.
• Noted village limit signs have been erected with only organization signs.
• Announced an increase in 2018 water and electric rates.
The council is to meet at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 18.