Commissioners to meet today
Seneca County commissioners are to meet at 10 a.m. today at the commissioners’ office, 111 Madison St.
During old business, the board is to discuss Seneca County Justice Center, parking in downtown Tiffin and wind energy.
Also during the meeting, Brad Newman, of Tiffin Aire, is to discuss future projects at the county airport. The board also plans to discuss the county land bank’s role in the future of the building at 81 Jefferson St. that used to house commissioners, and the county’s health insurance wellness plan.
In new business, commissioners are to consider:
* A $25,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund.
* A $2,422.46 supplemental appropriation to the Dog Warden EPA Trust Fund.
* A $2,422.46 fund transfer to the Dog and Kennel Fund.
* A $22,329 appropriation adjustment to the M&R Fund.
* A $2,750 appropriation adjustment within the General Fund.
* A $30,616.94 supplemental decrease to the Soil and Water Fund.
* An EMS agreement with Bloom-Scipio Joint Ambulance District on behalf of Seneca County EMS.
* The Airport Improvement Program pre-application to acquire land.
* The 2019-28 Airport Capital Improvement Plan.
* The purchase of a 2017 Ford Focus for Seneca County Youth Center.
Victim rights advocate to speak in TU lecture series Thursday
Claudia Vercellotti, a victim rights advocate and Tiffin University alumna, is to speak 6-8 p.m. Thursday as the featured speaker for the Distinguished Lecture Series in the Marion Center.
The lecture series focuses on the psychology of violence and aggression.
Vercellotti is the spokesperson for Survivors Network for those Abused by Priests. She was featured in the national media, New York Times, Washington Post, NPR, in books and in legal cases. Her work was the focus of the Oscar-nominated film, “Twist of Faith,” about Toledo firefighter Tony Combs, who was sexually abused as a child by a priest.
She testified in court multiple times, including the Ohio Supreme Court, advocating for extending the statute of limitations for child sexual abuse cases. She also played an integral part in the prosecution of Father Gerald Robinson for the murder of Sister Margaret Ann Pahl, a case that received national attention and resulted in accolades for Vercellotti.
Tiffin board committees to meet
Tiffin Board of Education’s Marketing Committee is to meet at 4 p.m. Thursday at the Administration Building, 244 S. Monroe St.
Also, the board’s Support Services Committee is to meet at 8 a.m. Friday at the Administration Building.
Developmental disabilities forum set for Dec. 12
The Seneca County Board of Developmental Disabilities is to host a public forum at 4:30 p.m. Dec. 12 prior to the regular meeting at the Opportunity Center, 780 E. CR 20.
The purpose of the forum is to present and take comments on the 2018 Strategic Plan.