Bloomville roof fix passes inspection
BLOOMVILLE — Bloomville’s Street Superintendent Rick Dentinger informed council members Wednesday evening that the insurance inspector looked at the new roof over the shop area and the Community Center and declared everything was in order.
Mayor Steve George gave a shout out to the Lions Club for purchasing new ceiling tiles for the Community Center and thanked Merv Wilhelm for installing them.
Dentinger also reported the inspector found two fire hydrants are not working properly. Newly ordered signs for the village have arrived.
Councilman Dave Auble has met with Big Sticks representatives, who said they are to winterize Beegly Park ball field soon.
In other action, council:
• Paid bills.
• Adopted a resolution accepting the amounts and rates set by the budget commission, and certifying them to the county auditor.
• Adopted a resolution accepting USI LLC for insurance for liability coverage and village property through the public entity pool program, waiving the three-reading rule.
• Announced the Lions Club Baked Steak dinner starting at 11 a.m. Sunday. Carryout is to be available.
• Noted the community meeting is at 7 p.m. Oct. 26 at the firehouse to discuss the 1.54-mill levy on the Nov. 7 ballot to benefit Bloom-Scipio Joint Ambulance District.
• Heard George is to attend mayor’s training Nov. 3.
• Heard Paul Burgderfer mowed another overgrown lot.
• Announced Bliss Memorial Public Library hosts story hour for 3- to 6-year-olds at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays and toddler time is 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Heard Bliss Memorial Public Library celebrates Halloween 1-3 p.m. Oct. 28 at the fire station.
• Heard the village trick-or-treat is 6-7:30 p.m. Oct. 31 with costume judging and cider and donuts to follow at the firehouse.
• Stated clear leaf bags are available at the village office for $3 per 10 bags.
Council is to meet at 7 p.m. Nov. 1.