Car damaged in Tiffin garage fire

Tiffin Fire Rescue Division personnel fought a garage fire at 555 N. Sandusky St. early Wednesday morning.

A neighbor reported smoke and crackling in the detached garage at 12:24 a.m., Capt. Matt Palmer said.

Personnel arriving at the scene reported heavy smoke and forced entry into the garage. The fire was under control in about 15 minutes, and the crew remained at the scene until 2:34 a.m.

A vehicle in the garage had severe damage on the driver’s side dash, and the engine compartment had slight fire damage, Palmer said.

The cause of the fire is to remain undetermined, according to a fire report.

The fire division could not rule out a vehicle or fluorescent light malfunction or an electrical short circuit, it states.

The garage is owned by James F. Davis, according to the report.

Tiffin Police Department assisted with traffic control.