All power restored after storm

Power was restored to Seneca County residents who had been left without electricity after Sunday evening’s storm.

According to North Central Electric Cooperative, power to the fourth and final substation was restored around 9:20 p.m. Sunday. More than 3,500 customers had been affected by the outage.

About 33,500 AEP customers in Ohio were without power Sunday night. Nearly 8,000 remained without power Monday morning. None of those without power Monday night were Seneca County residents, according to AEP’s website.

There were two confirmed tornadoes in Wood and Lucas counties Sunday, according to National Weather Service. Seneca County was under a wind advisory, severe thunderstorm warning and tornado watch Sunday and dodged significant damage.

Several poles were down on SR 53, near CR 592. Trees were on the roadway in the 4000 block of South SR 53, on SR 101 between SR 778 and SR 19 and on South TR 151 near CR 16.

In Tiffin, there was an uprooted tree on Melmore Street and trees on power lines on Hedges and Mccollum streets. In Fostoria, South Poplar Street, between East Crocker Street and Taft Boulevard, was flooded.

Deputy Kevin Robison of Wyandot County Sheriff’s Office said several barns came down and others were damaged in Sycamore, Upper Sandusky and Marseilles. Also, CR 119 in Pitt Township and CR 110 in Crane Township were closed due to power poles that were blown down.

Several trees also came down, he said.

There were no reports of injuries in Wyandot County, Robison said.

Sycamore Volunteer Fire and Rescue personnel responded to a barn that blew down in the 2000 block of CR 36 Sunday evening.

Chief Bryan Clouse said machinery, vehicles and tractors were stored in the equipment shop, which was destroyed. The equipment was damaged but not destroyed, he said.

Clouse said it looked like the building, measuring about 40 feet by 60 feet, was picked up and pushed in a northeastern direction. When it came down, it fell apart and landed on propane tanks. Both tanks were under debris and were leaking. Personnel shut off both valves, he said.

Two large trees fell over, and electric lines were taken down.

“(It) took the new pole down,” he said.

Clouse said the roof of another barn measuring about the same size and located on the same property was taken off.

He said pillars were taken off the front porch of a house, a camper was blown up against a barn and metal came off a house roof.