Gas leak causes evacuation

A gas leak prompted the evacuation of residences Monday afternoon on West Market Street.

Capt. Jim Boehler of Tiffin Fire and Rescue Division said the gas leak was reported at 90 W. Market St., and firefighters evacuated a couple of houses surrounding the residence and closed down the street. The report of a gas odor was reported around 3 p.m.

The gas company was able to shut off the gas and residents returned to their homes. He said the residence affected by the leak was aired out and its residents