Two families displaced by fire

Two families were displaced from a duplex after an electrical shortage caused a small fire Wednesday afternoon.

According to reports from Fostoria Fire Division, firefighters were called to 328 Elm St. at 2:59 p.m. for the report of heat coming from defective wiring.

A spokesman from Fostoria Fire Division said a small fire had broken out and electricity had to be shut off to the building.

Because the building had no power, the residents were displaced.

According to a release from the American Red Cross of Hancock County, both families included two adults and two children.

The families received assistance from the Red Cross in finding a place to stay, the release stated. They also were given food, comfort kits, laundry soap and stuffed animals.

According to the release, all Red Cross disaster relief is provided free of charge through donations. To make a donation to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund,


wyandot, text “REDCROSS” to 90999 or call (419) 294-1935.