Fire damages downtown business
A fire broke out at Its Your Lawn Tuesday afternoon, causing moderate damage to the business.
Tiffin Fire Chief William Ennis said the fire, reported at 4:54 p.m. by a passer-by, was believed to have started in a vehicle that was parked in the building. No one was at the business, located at 257 S. Washington St., when the fire broke out.
Ennis said when firefighters arrived, heavy smoke was coming out of the building. After opening a garage door, which had contained the fire, the fire spread and went across the ceiling, Ennis said.
Most of the damage was heat-related, he said.
Ennis said a number of snow blowers and lawn equipment were damaged, and the roof sustained fire damage.
Ennis said additional firefighters were called to assist at the scene because an ambulance was needed for a squad run at the same time.
“We were hard-pressed to cover everything,” he said.
He said firefighters were at the scene for about an hour-and-a-half.
No injuries were reported, Ennis said.