Sunday fire found to be accident

A Sunday evening fire at an Eisenhower Drive residence in Fostoria appears to have been accidental and to have originated in the front bedroom of the residence.

According to a release from Fostoria Fire Division, an extension cord and portable electric heater had been used for heat at 487 Eisenhower Drive, and the cords can’t be eliminated as the cause of the fire.

Damage to the resident is estimated at $50,000, according to the release.

Fostoria/Seneca County Red Cross peronnel responded with aid. The family was provided with hotel accommodations, assistance with food and clothing and personal hygiene items.