Fire leaves Clinton home uninhabitable

Clinton Township Fire Department and Tiffin EMS responded to a house fire at 19 N. TR 15 early Saturday morning.

Clinton Fire Chief Fred Bishop said no one was hurt and residents were able to escape the house, but a dog and a hampster were killed. The family saved a second dog.

The fire started in the living room because of a heat lamp on a cardboard box, Bishop said. The firefighters fought the fire for about half an hour before it was out.

Bishop said the structure is now uninhabitable.