Theme, events set for fair
The theme of the 2013 fair is “Dreams Come True at the Seneca County Fair.”
Agricultural Society board members shared their experiences at the recent state convention and came away with contracts for Broken Horn to return with its rodeo and the Ohio State Tractor Pulling Association participating in its award-winning tractor pull.
Don Arnold also was recognized posthumously as Seneca County’s outstanding fair supporter from the state director. A golf cart contract for the July 21-28 fair was secured and the Bear Hollow Wood Carvers will return.
Mark Roberts addressed the board about a haunted house at the fairgrounds during October. A tour with the grounds committee
for a location will be scheduled.
In other action, board members:
- Approved the financial report showing a $75,064.09 balance as of Tuesday.
- Approved putting $25,000 toward the bank loan bringing the loan balance down to $45,000.
Discussed placing an ATM machine at the fairgrounds.
- Discussed website upgrades and graphics.
- Approved making a cut-through in the old dairy barn not to exceed $2,000.
Approved the 2014 flea market dates.
- Announced a March 9-10 gun show at the fairgrounds.
- Set March 13 for the Pancake and Sausage Dinner.
The agricultural society is to meet at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 12.