Green Springs OKs fiscal officer
GREEN?SPRINGS – In an executive meeting Jan 14, Green Springs Village Council approved the hire of Amanda Salinas as fiscal officer effective Jan 15 at a rate of $30,000 per year, contingent upon pre-employment screening and 6 month probationary employment at $14.42 per hour. Salinas replaces interim fiscal officer Mary Jo Gill.
- In regular meeting Jan 7, council voted to remove Dustin Nowak, Andrew Shelton and John Grabill from probationary status employees to regular status employees with $0.50 per hour pay increase.
- In further business, council approved an ordinance for a $0.15 per hour pay raise effective December 31, 2012, for village crossing guards.
- Council approved Donald Sours as council president following a recommendation from Mayor Jesse Darr.
- Greg Lowe was approved as fire prevention officer for 2013.
- Attendees complimented village workers on “superior” work at snow removal, noting sidewalks were clear.