Daily log, Jan. 6
• A first-block Park Avenue man reported he was scammed and gave his Medicare card number to someone over the phone Friday night.
• Two youths were charged with juvenile-delinquent and criminal damaging Saturday.
• Justin M. Nye, 19, of Sycamore, was charged with fictitious plates Saturday.
• Joseph T. Drescher, 35, of Tiffin, was charged with disorderly conduct Saturday.
• A person reported a crossing gate was completely knocked off its base and lying across the railroad tracks in the first block of East Perry Street Saturday morning.
• A 200-block East CR 16 woman reported unauthorized charges on a debit card Friday evening.
• A 600-block East Sherwood Court woman reported being scammed out of $1,000 Saturday morning.
• A man reported there was an open door and furniture was moved in the 1000 block of Perrysburg Road Friday night.
• A 900-block North Vine Street man reported someone stole his trash dumpster Saturday morning.
• Dennis J. Brickner, 60, of Tiffin, was cited with failure to control after an accident at First Avenue and North Sandusky St. Friday afternoon.
• Bascom fire and EMS and the Echo unit responded to heavy black smoke at 880 S. Bon Air Avenue Friday evening. It was a controlled burn.
• Tiffin Fire Rescue Division responded to remove a person from a room at 432 Wentz St. Friday evening.
• Tiffin Fire Rescue Division responded to an unauthorized burning at 209 W. Perry St. Friday evening.
• Tiffin Fire Rescue Division responded to arcing, shorted electrical equipment at 1440 W. Market St. Friday night.
• Tiffin Fire Rescue Division had two squad runs Friday afternoon, two squad runs Friday night, two squad runs early Saturday morning, two squad runs Saturday morning and one squad run Saturday afternoon. Clinton fire assisted once early Saturday morning, once Saturday morning and once Saturday afternoon.
• NBS EMS and fire and the Echo unit had a squad run Friday evening.
• North Central EMS and Green Springs fire had a squad run Friday night.
• Bascom EMS, Bettsville fire and the Echo unit had a squad run Friday night.
• Attica-Venice-Reed EMS, Attica-Venice-Reed fire and the Echo unit had a squad run Saturday afternoon.