Daily Log July 28
• Shawn P. Cooper, 39, of Tiffin, was charged with possession of controlled substances Thursday.
• John C. Fritz, 39, of Fostoria, was charged with telecommunication harassment Thursday.
• Daniel P. Raufer, 26, of Tiffin, was charged with false statement Thursday.
• A 100-block South Monroe Street woman reported neighbors stole packages from her porch Thursday evening.
• Norfolk Southern Railroad of Bellevue was charged with blocked railroad crossing Thursday.
• A 5000-block West Ash Street person reported an assault Thursday night.
• A 10000-block West CR 10 man reported his shop was broken into Friday morning.
• A 10000-block West US 224 man reported his semi was stolen by his driver Friday afternoon.
• A 900-block South Poplar Street woman reported credit card fraud Thursday afternoon.
• An employee of Dollar General, 166 E. Lytle St., reported a theft Friday morning.
• A 1000-block Peeler Drive person reported neighbors stealing electric Friday morning.
• A citation of driver inattention was issued after a two-vehicle, non-injury accident on Madison Street Friday afternoon.
• Bloomville fire and EMS responded to a treed down on power lines at East New Haven and North Prospect streets Thursday night.
• Bloomville fire responded to a tree down across the road in powerlines at 6377 E. TR 58 Thursday night.
• Sycamore fire responded to a tree on powerlines at 800 E. TR 58 Thursday night.
• Tiffin Fire Rescue Division had two squad runs Thursday night, three squad runs early Friday morning, two squad runs Friday morning and one squad run Friday afternoon. Clinton fire assisted early Friday morning and Friday morning.
• Bascom EMS and fire responded to a vehicle that struck a deer on CR 7 Thursday night. There was no transport.
• Attica-Venice-Reed EMS, Attica-Venice-Reed fire and the Echo unit had one squad run early Friday morning and one squad run Friday afternoon.
• North Central EMS and Green Springs fire had a squad run Friday morning.
• North Central EMS and Old Fort fire responded to a two-vehicle accident at SR 53 and CR 592 Friday afternoon. There was a transport to Mercy Health – Tiffin Hospital.
Tiffin-Fostoria Municipal Court
• Nathaniel A. Placke, Bascom, pleaded guilty to Financial Responsibility Act suspension, vehicle ordered released upon payment of towing and storage, $1,051; pleaded guilty to registration violation, $50.
• Eric W. Swartz, 19 Adams St., Tiffin, pleaded guilty to protection order violation, 180 days jail, 169 days suspended, two years probation, Firelands for behavioral/anger management assessment, no contact with Jeanne Swartz, $661.
• Matthew P. Miles, 512 Miller Ave., Fostoria, pleaded guilty to obstruction of official business, 90 days jail; pleaded guilty to theft, 90 days jail.
• Stephen J. Johnson, 523 Bulger Ave., Fostoria, pleaded guilty to theft, 180 days jail, 120 days suspended, one day credit, two years probation, refer to Rigel for Mat., $627.
• Elizabeth L. Tarbuskovich, 163 N. Washington St., Apt. A, Tiffin, operating vehicle impaired/under influence case dismissed without prejudice.
• Jennifer D. Morey, 935 N. Main St., Rear, Fostoria, pleaded guilty to Financial Responsibility violation, two points, $167.
• Brian S. Gilchrist, 377 W. Perry St., Tiffin, operating vehicle impaired/under influence case dismissed upon motion of city prosecutor due to plea in companion OMVI case; pleaded guilty to operating vehicle impaired/breath violation, 30 days jail, 27 days suspended, six-month license suspension, one year probation, approved for restricted driving privileges, complete/pay for driver intervention program, six points, $674.
• Jeffrey P. Vogel, 606 W. Fremont St., Fostoria, pleaded guilty to no operator’s license, 180 days jail, 150 days suspended, two years probation, $631; pleaded guilty to 12-point suspension violation, 180 days jail, 150 days suspended, two years probation, six points, $510; pleaded guilty to registration violation, $100.
• Allen E. Smith, 250 2nd Ave., Tiffin, pleaded guilty to operating vehicle impaired/under influence, 180 days jail, 150 days suspended, two year license suspension, two years probation, two years restricted plates, 12 months ignition interlock and SCRAM, vehicle ordered immobilized for 90 days, six points, $1,028; pleaded guilty to operating vehicle impaired/under suspension, 180 days jail, 177 days suspended, two years probation, $260; pleaded guilty to fictitious plates, $100.
No prices available