Daily log, Jan. 2
A first-block Oak Street man reported Monday morning his checkbook had been stolen and someone had written checks.
A large fight was reported early Tuesday morning at DP’s, 129 S. Washington St. According to the report, a squad was requested for someone who was bleeding, but no transports were made. The victim later took himself to the hospital.
A cab driver reported early Tuesday morning a snowman was in the middle of the street in the area of Coe and Fulton streets.
A first block Madison Street woman reported early Tuesday morning a man she knew broke into her residence and assaulted her. An ambulance was not requested.
A 100-block First Avenue woman reported Tuesday morning someone entered her house and stole medication from her purse.
A 100-block Warren Avenue man reported Tuesday morning items were stolen from his garage.
A 100-block East State Street man reported Sunday afternoon his vehicle was missing and he knew who took it.
A woman in the 8000 block of West SR 18 reported early Tuesday morning a woman was assaulted at a party. The woman was taken to the hospital.
A man reported Monday morning someone stole a cupboard out of his property in the 900 block of Leonard Street.
A 400-block North Town Street woman reported Monday night a man stole money.
A 300-block East Eagle Street caller reported early Tuesday morning a man was causing problems and trying to fight others. The man was taken to a different residence.
A caller reported early Tuesday morning someone was looking around an auto repair place in the 100 block of Sandusky Street. According to the report, two people were arrested.
An employee of Circle K, 1245 N. Countyline St., reported early Tuesday morning a man stole cigarettes. The man later returned and paid for them. He was banned from the store.
A caller from National Electrical Carbon, 200 N. Town St., reported finding an unresponsive man Tuesday morning. Capt. Patrick Brooks of the Fostoria Police Department said the man, who was found in his office, appeared to have suffered a medical condition and died. His body was taken by the coroner for an autopsy.
Firefighters were called to 2801 W. SR 18 Monday morning for an overheated motor.