Sunday announcements, Dec. 3
TU named military friendly
Victory Media named Tiffin University to its 2018 “Military Friendly Schools” list.
The Military Friendly Schools list honors the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools in the country for embracing military service members, veterans and spouses as they transition to civilian life as students.
UF students perform in Christmas concert
FINDLAY — In celebration of the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, and for the Christmas holiday, the University of Findlay Concert-Chorale and University Singers recently presented a concert featuring selections by Bach and Handel.
Local students who participated included Ryan Bush and Maria Faber of Fostoria and Mykayla Ruffing of Attica.
Calvert students granted funds
Tiffin Community Foundation presented seventh-graders from Calvert Catholic Schools a grant for $850 for #GivingTuesday, Nov. 28.
The foundation put the challenge on the students to raise $850 to support Autumnwood Care Center and SMYL.
MCL to host free movie event
SYCAMORE — Mohawk Community Library is to host a free movie night at 7 p.m. Friday.
Free popcorn and drinks are to be provided.
Learn to recycle during the holidays
BLOOMVILLE — Monica Perry, Seneca County education specialist from the OSS Joint Solid Waste Management District, is to present “When Santa Turned Green” by Victoria Perla 6:30-8 p.m. Dec. 11 at Bliss Memorial Public Library.
During the event, attendees can learn about items around the holidays that cannot be recycled to help keep the planet healthy and make a recycled craft.
The event is suitable for children in pre-school through fifth grade.
For more information or to register, call (419) 983-4675.
Santa visiting library
BLOOMVILLE — Santa is making his way to Bliss Memorial Public Library 1-3 p.m. Saturday.
Bring a camera and Christmas lists. Refreshments are to be provided by local organizations and businesses.
Birchard library December events
FREMONT — Birchard Public Library is to offer teen and children’s programming throughout December.
Programs are free, but some require registration.
The following is a list of events in Fremont, 423 Croghan St.:
• Story time for 3- to 5-year-olds, 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays or 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
• Story time for birth to 36 months old, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays or 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
• Family story time, 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Tween Craft Night: DIY Snow Globes, 5-6 p.m. Tuesday.
• Christmas STEM, 10:30 noon Saturday.
• Ruff and Ready Readers, 4-5 p.m. Dec. 11.
• Teen Book Club, 4-5 p.m. Dec. 12.
• Teen DIY: Marble Magnets, 4-5 p.m. Dec. 14.
• Book Discussion Group 7-8:15 p.m. Dec. 14.
• Computer Basics Class Part 1, 6:30-8 p.m. To register, call (419) 334-7101, ext. 216.
• Crochet Connection -6:30-8 p.m. Dec. 19.
• Homeschooler’s Book Club, 1-2 p.m. Dec. 20.
• Computer Basics Class Part 2: Internet Basics, 6:30-8 p.m. Dec. 20. To register, call (419) 334-7101, ext. 216.
• Third Thursday Movie Club, 1:30 p.m. Dec. 21.
• Lego challenge, 4:30-5:45 p.m. Dec. 21.
• Movie Classic Club/American History on Film, 1:30-4 p.m. Dec. 28.
The following is a list of events in Gibsonburg, 100 N. Webster St.:
• Preschool story time, 11 a.m. Thursdays.
• Music Makers – 4:30 p.m. Monday.
• Poetry writing for homeschool kids, 11 a.m. Thursday.
• Crafty Ladies Yo Yo Candy Canes, 1 p.m. Thursday. To register, call (419) 637-2173.
• Cookbook Club, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 11.
• Live @ the Library for Seniors, 10-10:30 a.m. Dec. 12.
• Book and Munch Bunch: Chapter books for grades 4-7, 3:30 p.m. Dec. 13.
• Book and Snack Pack: Chapter books for grades 1-4, 3:30 p.m. Dec. 20.
• Book Bears: Early Readers, 10:15 a.m. Dec. 21.
• Lego challenge, 10 a.m. Dec. 23.
The following is a list of events in Green Springs, 217 N. Broadway St.:
• Adult Ornament, 6 p.m. Dec. 11.
• Kids Crafty Saturday, 1 p.m. Dec. 16.
The following is a list of events in Woodville, 101 E. Main St.:
• Holiday book bingo, deadline is Dec. 30.
• Holiday story time, 7 p.m. Mondays.
• Holiday crafts for kids, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and Dec. 16 and 23.
• Wednesday Book Club, 7 p.m. Dec. 13.
• Crochet and more, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 27.
• Kidz Cook, 10:30 a.m.