Park Programs, June 24
Tiffin Park & Recreation
• The next summer PLAY Days sponsored by Tiffin Park & Recreation Department is planned for Friday at the Moose Shelter at Hedges-Boyer Park. Planned Leisure Activities for Youth Days involve organized games, crafts and activities in neighborhood parks. The program starts at with lunch at noon, and activities take place 1-2 p.m. Parents, grandparents or child care providers are encouraged to participate and should stay for the entire program. Other PLAY days are set for July 20 at Beechwood Park, July 27 at Oakley Park and Aug. 10 at Oakley Park.
For more information, visit www.tiffinparks.com or call (419) 448-5408.
• Seneca County Park District invites children to take part in an American Girl Series – Becoming Kirsten 2-4 p.m. Mondays in July at Garlo Heritage Nature Preserve. Children read a chapter from the book, “Kirsten’s Surprise, “ and then re-enact the activity. Attendance at all four sessions provides the best American Girl experience, but is not required.
• A Craft Creations project to make a straw hat boy and girl is planned for 5 p.m. July 3 at Garlo Heritage Nature Preserve. Supplies are provided for participants to make a straw couple. All ages are welcome. Registration is required.
For more information or to register for programs, call (419) 447-8091 or email email@example.com. Visit the website at senecacountyparks.com.
• Take part in a moonlight canoe trip 7:30-10:30 p.m. Friday with Sandusky County Park District at Decoy Marsh. Meet at Countryside Park and carpool to Decoy Marsh to enjoy a float down Green Creek by the light of the moon. Registration required, but not available online.
• Puddle Jumpers ages 2-5 with an adult companion are invited to a Splish Splash program at 10:45 a.m. July 1 at White Star Beach. Kids can learn about water safety, look to see what they can find on the beach and get their feet wet. Children should wear swimsuits and bring towels or a change of clothes. Beach rules apply. Registration is required.
• At the same time, Tree Huggers ages 6-12 are invited to a Red, White & Blue Celebration at White Star Beach. Kids can play games and make a craft to take home. Registration is required.
For more information or to register, visit lovemyparks.com or call (419) 334-4495.
• Viewing the Night Sky is planned for 9 p.m. Saturday at Crawford Park District’s Lowe-Volk Park, 2401 SR 598, Crestline. Join Lowe-Volk Astronomy Club as they share their knowledge and telescope skills with those interested in celestial sights. Take a telescope along or allow the volunteers to assist with those provided. Sky targets for summer include M-104 Sombrero Galaxy, M-3 Globular Cluster, Rosette Nebula and Jupiter. The astronomy club meets each fourth Saturday after sunset.
• A dragonfly and damselfly walk is planned for 2 p.m. July 1 at Lowe-Volk Park. Dragonflies and damselflies are extraordinary but largely unappreciated insects. Beautiful, predatory and fascinating to watch, they offer a highly instructive window into the principals of ecology. Meet Warren Uxley to learn about their habitats and behaviors and how to contribute to the Ohio Dragonfly Survey.
For more information, contact (419) 683-9000 or visit www.crawfordparkdistrict.org.