Ladies’ Aid Society?
This photo submitted by Jean Berlekamp apparently dates before 1907. She believes it may show members of the Ladies’ Aid Society from E.U.B. Church in Old Fort. It includes Anna Maria (Beck) Stiger, Berlekamp’s paternal great-grandmother, a Civil War widow, seated at far right. She had sat on the steps of the Old Fort Banking Co. when it opened in April 1917 so she could have passbook savings account No. 1. Also pictured is Anna Maria (Everhart) Stiger, also known as Mollie Ann, standing in the back, third from left. She was a cook at the Old Fort School when the hot lunch program began in the 1930s, and continued to cook there into her 80s. Historical photos of Tiffin and Seneca County prior to 1960 will be used in this space. Bring them to The A-T at 320 Nelson St., Tiffin, or email Rob Weaver at email@example.com. Include contact information, please.