April Third Thursday features artists, musicians
Blooming Artist Stroll, the April Third Thursday event, is set for April 18, with more than 20 stops featuring local artists and musicians. Participants can register for door prizes while enjoying one-of-a-kind art. The event is free and family-friendly.
Participants are encouraged to enjoy the spring weather with a stroll down Washington Street. Throughout the afternoon, musicians are to perform at Overflow, 126 S. Washington St. The Empire At 138, 138 S. Washington St., is the featured restaurant. There, Tom Hoffman of Court Street Gallery is to have some of his acrylic abstract paintings featured along with an installation of his work in main dining room.
Also, Trivia Night in Downtown Tiffin is to continues its new season starting at 7 p.m. at Phat Cakes, 45 S. Washington St.
In addition to the door prizes, participants are reminded to fill out an entry form every time they make a purchase at a participating business for a chance to win $1,000. A winner will be chosen after December’s Third Thursday. (No limit to the number of entries per person. Employees are eligible but cannot enter at their place of employment.)
Participating businesses include:
• Clover Club, 266 S. Washington St. – Dick Rochester, wooden bowls.
• Washington Street Outfitters, 186 S. Washington St. – Lynn Huenemann, watercolors.
• Taylor Elchert Photography, 184 S. Washington St.
• The Empire At 138, 138 S. Washington St. – Tom Hoffman, acrylic abstract paintings.
• Viewpoint Graphics, 132 S. Washington St.
• Tiffin Art Guild Gallery, 130 S. Washington St. – Kathleen Howard, photography prints; Mariah Solomon, resin and acrylic art.
• Overflow, 126 S. Washington St., live music.
• Laird Arcade, South Washington Street and Market Street – FroZone, Jolly’s and Melissa Perry Photography – Deborah Baker, watercolor; Doug Kelley, oil; Clinton Kimmet, drawings.
• Reino’s, 73 E Market St. – Emily Fox, quick sketches.
• Paper and Ink, 98 S. Washington St.
• Simply Susan’s, 70 S. Washington St., furniture painting demonstration.
• Bailiwicks, 62 S. Washington St., paintings by local artists.
• Tiffin Glass Museum, 25 S. Washington St., glass art on display.
• Phat Cakes, 45 S. Washington St., Trivia Night at 7 p.m.
• SSG Ink, 107 E. Perry St.
• The Poignon Project, 227 E. Perry St. – glass blowing demonstration.
• Court Street Gallery, 33 Court St. – Tom Hoffman, acrylic abstract.
• ReClaim It 127, 127 S. Washington St.
• The Renaissance, 129 S. Washington St. – Mark Levans, pottery (5-8 p.m.)
• Hawkes Crystal, 207 S. Washington St.
• Tom Rodgers Flowers, 245 S. Washington St., crafts and jewelry.
• JT’s Bagel Bar food truck parked downtown.
For more information, call Mary Lewis at (419) 448-0370, email email@example.com, or visit www.facebook.com/DowntownTiffinOh or www.DowntownTiffinEvents.com for other Third Thursdays and other events in downtown Tiffin.