One art show to end, another to begin
Tiffn Art Guild opened its “Anything Goes” 2019 high school student art exhibition with a reception Feb. 3. TAG received 87 pieces of art from 48 students representing four high schools: Calvert, Hopewell-Loudon, New Riegel and Columbian.
A drawing by Julia Reinhart of New Riegel High School was named Best of Show. Additional high school winners are as follows:
• First Place Mixed Media, Jack Shultz, Calvert.
• First Place Photography, Maggie Bremyer, Columbian.
• First Place Computer Graphics, Nina Cortez, Columbian.
• First Place Painting, Koryn Morlock, Columbian.
• First Place Ceramics, Alyssa Hepperly, Columbian.
• First Place Sculpture, Aaron Rombach, Calvert.
• First Place Drawing, Chloe Mack, Columbian.
The high school art is to remain on display until Saturday in the TAG gallery, 130 S. Washington St. The hours are noon-4 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday.
As “Anything Goes” runs to a close, entries are being accepted for the next art show, “Featured Creatures.” Entries for this animal-themed exhibit must be dropped of this Friday and Saturday during regular hours at the TAG gallery.
An opening reception and awards ceremony is set for 4-6 p.m. Feb. 23. “Featured Creatures” is to run through March 30. For information about TAG, its classes and events, visit www.tiffinartguild.org or call (419) 443-0478.